The main objective of TranslaStars courses is for students to acquire theoretical and practical knowledge through high level content taught/created by active professionals related to the specific characteristics of each course.
In the case of courses with paid training (hereinafter referred to as ProD+T), we also aim to offer our students the opportunity to work on real projects for which they are paid at the end of the course. In these courses, the students must try to ensure that the quality of each project they deliver is as high as possible, since the project is real and is destined for an end client.
In the case of the rest of the courses, the aim is also for students to acquire theoretical and practical knowledge that will help them advance in their professional career.
In any case, in all types of courses, students have self-assessment activities for them to carry out autonomously, and the possibility of contacting the creator of the course and/or the course tutors.
Personal data is stored at the TranslaStars headquarters at Württembergallee 3, Berlin. Students have the right to access, modify, delete, or update their data by contacting TranslaStars at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any student who purchases a course agrees to comply with each of the points set out in this document and declares to have read, understood, and accepted them.
Fees and conditions applicable to all courses
1. Students of TranslaStars courses have the right to contact course creators and tutors through established channels as many times as they deem appropriate.
2. The student has the right to a partial or total refund of the course price should TranslaStars decide to suspend the course or be unable to guarantee the conditions agreed upon at the beginning.
3. Students are entitled to receive a certificate of completion for their courses (provided that they have completed the entire course content and performed the assigned tasks/activities).
4. Students of TranslaStars courses can take the courses from wherever they want with no time limit for completion.
Fees and conditions applicable to ProD+T courses
5. ProD+T courses include a commitment that the tutors/creators of said courses will provide paid training to students upon completion of the course (after obtaining the certificate, at the end of the self-assessment training block).
The person responsible for the assignment and management of these projects is the project tutor for the course taken.
TranslaStars is not responsible for the assignment or management of projects, nor does it make any profit from them.
Projects may be subject to special conditions (signing of confidentiality agreements, assignment of rights, etc.) for which TranslaStars is not responsible.
In the relationship that is created between students and project tutors there is no possibility of recruitment, since students act as freelancers and must issue an invoice that includes the amount to be paid for the assigned projects.
6. In ProD+T courses, students are entitled to receive feedback on each of the projects they complete (all their projects will be evaluated on a scale of 0 to 10).
7. At the end of ProD+T courses, the students will receive projects from the project tutor who will compensate them financially for the completion of these projects (in an amount that should not be less than 0.03 euros per source language word, in the case of projects that are charged per word-each tutor will set the amount to be paid before the start of the paid training stage).
This compensation aims to recoup at least 35% of the amount paid for the course.
TranslaStars does not obtain any economic benefit from the projects assigned to the students, it only acts as an intermediary by offering the teaching platform and setting a minimum amount for the projects carried out by students.
In the event that conditions differ from those herein (due to the currency used by the payer of the projects, particular features of the course and/or the provider of the paid projects, etc.), this will be clearly and unequivocally expressed in the course description or in specific terms and conditions.
8. After completing the ProD+T courses, and during the period of project assignment by their tutor, students have the right to refuse (at most) to work in 2 projects that they are unable to complete due to time or personal issues. If a higher amount is rejected, the tutor of these projects can definitively cancel the paid training stage (without any compensation from TranslaStars or the tutor).
9. In order to receive payment, students must provide a valid invoice (in their country of issue) to their project tutor with their personal data and ask the project tutor for their billing information (if not provided).
Obligations applicable to all courses
1. Students will maintain appropriate standards of behavior at all times and will respect the opinions of their peers and tutors, learning from them and applying opportunities for improvement in successive projects (in the case of receiving feedback). In the case of ProD+T courses, failure by a student to comply with these terms could lead to the cancellation of the paid training stage, at the discretion of their tutor. In this case, the student agrees not to claim financial compensation, nor request a partial or total refund of the course.
2. The student agrees not to distribute to third parties in any form or by any means or channel the contents of the courses and/or projects assigned to him (the student may advertise that he/she is carrying out a certain project, but should not share its content).
3. Time for course completion: TranslaStars does not set a deadline for the completion of MD courses. For ProD+T courses, the student has 12 months (from the date of course acquisition) to begin the paid training stage. If after 12 months from the date of purchase the student has not completed the course, this paid training stage will be automatically cancelled, although the student may continue doing the course itself.
Obligations related to the paid training stage after the completion of ProD+T courses
4. Delivery of projects: Upon completion of ProD+T courses, the student agrees to deliver the projects assigned by his/her project tutor on the agreed date and time and to a standard that, in the eyes of his/her tutor, corresponds to a minimum of 5 out of 10 points (this quality requirement is intended to prevent the delivery of automatically translated and/or unreviewed projects).
Failure by a student to comply with any of these terms could lead to a decision by the project tutor to stop assigning projects to the student in question. In such a case, the student agrees not to claim financial compensation, nor request a partial or total refund of the course.
5. The student agrees to respond to the emails via which the tutor assigns the project to be translated within 24 hours (both to accept and reject a project). Failure to comply with this condition will result in the cancellation by the project tutor of the assignment of paid projects for said student. In this case, the student agrees not to claim financial compensation, nor request a partial or total refund of the course. Failure by the student to submit an assigned project on the agreed date and in the specified format will automatically lead to the cancellation of the assignment of projects by the project tutor without any compensation, or partial or total refund of the course fee.
6. Unless otherwise specified, the rights to the translation projects assigned by the tutors correspond to the said project tutors and/or their legitimate owners, as they are ultimately responsible to their clients for the quality of the projects delivered. These rights are in no way the property of TranslaStars.
7. In ProD+T courses, the 35% the student obtains through the paid training stage is based on the course fee paid (not on the price of the course prior to the application of a discount, for example).
8. A student is not entitled to partial or total payment of the projects carried out if he or she abandons the course, and/or decides not to carry out said projects (regardless of the cause).
9. TranslaStars and its collaborators have no obligation to hire students during the paid training stage since this is a relationship based on the performance of services on demand in a timely manner (and not paid internships).
10. Project tutors are not required to continue assigning projects to students in ProD+T courses after they have completed the minimum number of projects specified in this document.
11. Students may not delegate projects to third parties or companies.
12. During the paid training stage, students may not reject more than 2 projects. Rejection of more than 2 projects will result in the automatic cancellation of the paid training stage without any financial compensation from TranslaStars and/or the project tutors. The absence of a response to the assignment of a project within 24 hours (unless justified by force majeure) implies the automatic cancellation of the paid training stage.
13. For the payment of the projects carried out during the paid training stage, students must provide a valid invoice (in the country where it is issued) to their project tutor with their personal data and ask the project tutor for their billing information (if not provided).
14. TranslaStars is not responsible for the payment of invoices for the completion of projects, nor can it be held liable for the payment of such projects. Invoices (valid in the student's country of residence) must be sent to the project tutor, duly completed with the student's details and the information provided by the tutor. TranslaStars is not responsible for the payment terms established with the project tutor.
15. The duration of the paid training stage after the completion of ProD+T courses is variable and depends on the projects that can be assigned by project tutor(s). TranslaStars is not responsible for the duration of the paid training stage.
C. COURSE FEE REFUND GUARANTEE (for ProD+T and MD courses)
Conditions for the refund of the course fee
1. We allow you to take the first three units of any course without any obligation (third unit included). If upon completion of the third unit (or earlier) of the course you have chosen, its structure and contents do not match your interests, just send an email to email@example.com explaining the issue, and we will refund your course fee.
2. You have 14 days from the day you purchase the course to finish the first three units and decide if you want to continue or if you prefer to be refunded the amount you paid for the course.
3. If 10 days after registration you have not completed the first 3 units of the course, there will be no possibility of refunding the course fee.
4. If you advance beyond the third unit, we will understand that the course is in line with your expectations and there will be no possibility of refund of the fee you have paid for the course.
D. COURSE FEE REFUND GUARARANTEE (for PROD+L courses)
Conditions for the refund of the course fee
Due to the nature of these courses with live sessions, we allow you to take the first week of the course with no obligation. If upon completion of the first unit (or earlier) of the course you have chosen, its structure and contents do not suit your interests, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the issue, and we will refund the course fee.
2. You have 14 days from the day you purchase the course to finish the first unit and decide whether you want to continue or if you prefer to be refunded the amount you paid for the course.
3. If after 14 days from your registration you have not completed the first unit, there will be no possibility of refunding the fee you have paid for the course.
4. If you advance beyond the first unit, we will understand that the course is in line with your expectations and there will be no possibility of refunding the fee you have paid for the course.
E. 50 % DISCOUNT FOR STUDENTS, MEMBERS OF TRANSLATION ASSOCIATIONS, AND UNEMPLOYED PERSONS
1. A 50% discount on our courses is available to students, members of professional associations, and unemployed persons (actively seeking employment), regardless of their area of study, country of origin, or association.
2. To access the discount, just fill out the form on our promotions page and send proof of being a student, belonging to a professional association, or being actively looking for a job.
3. This discount will not be applied retroactively. That is to say, if you have previously purchased a course without the discount (being a student, member of a professional association or unemployed), we will not be able to refund part of the amount you have paid for the course.
F. EXEMPTION FROM LIABILITY
1. TranslaStars has the right to modify the points in this document without prior notice to students enrolled on its courses. In any case, the conditions accepted by the student at the time of acquisition of a course will be respected.
2. TranslaStars is not responsible for the content published by its collaborators in any of its courses or social media. In the event that any natural or legal person identifies that some type of right is being violated or that the content may be offensive, TranslaStars is committed to withdrawing said content as soon as possible. All content used and/or uploaded to TranslaStars is for educational purposes only.
3. TranslaStars is not responsible for the payment of projects to students in ProD+T courses, nor for any delays in such payments. Such payments are the responsibility of the project tutors in each course.
4. TranslaStars has the right to modify, suspend, discontinue, close, open, and create courses without prior notice to students. TranslaStars is committed in any case to respect the conditions signed by the students.
5. TranslaStars does not offer internships as part of its courses. Paid projects are assigned by the tutors of each course with whom TranslaStars collaborates (who consider students as freelancers who can provide an invoice for such projects, as is common practice in the translation industry).